Preparing students for a changing world is a critical aspect of education. Learning and innovation skills are what separate students who are prepared for increasingly complex life and work environments in today's world and those who are not. They include Creative and Critical Thinking, Communication and Collaboration.
When students use their own device to access our school resources, it allows them to gain access to:
- filtered internet
- the school curriculum drive to obtain documents/resources provided by their teachers
- their home drive which enables them to access their files from any computer in the school and have a saved and back-up copy of their work
- printing through our school photocopier located in the Resource Centre.
Our goal is for students to use their device as a tool to support key processes in learning. Digital devices allow students to consume and produce information in a mobile form through:
- textbooks being available on their device in eBook/PDF format
- a wide range of classroom apps and tools
- resources that are available 24/7
All students are expected to have their device at school, charged and with enough space to save class work as well as install apps and books for classes. Students must abide by the standards set out in the Student Code of Conduct when working in the school environment.
All students need to complete the BYOD Student Charter Form to be able to have their BYOD connected to the Lowood SHS network.
LOCKER USE POLICY
Lowood State High School is committed to providing school lockers to students for their use, to provide a safe and secure place to store your BYOD and other valuables at school. Terms and Conditions of Locker Use:
• Lockers are available on a first in first served basis at no cost.
• Students are to supply their own substantial padlock for the locker and are responsible for keeping a spare key to the padlock at home.
• Students are responsible for the security of the items left in the locker at all times. The school accepts no responsibility for any items damaged or stolen.
• Lowood State High School reserves the right to inspect lockers without notice.
• No illegal substances, weapons, other prohibited or offensive materials are to be placed in the lockers at any time. Students will be held liable for any offensive materials and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
• Upon departure from school each afternoon (3pm), students are to empty and clear out the locker and leave it in good condition. Failure to do so could lead to the lock being cut-off. (students will need to replace the padlock at their expense)
• All lockers remain the property of Lowood SHS.