This qualification reflects the role of entry level fashion designer.
There are six core units and six elective units needed to complete this course.
The units of competency are:
MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
MSMWHS200 Work Safely
BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
MSTAT2005 Sew materials by machine
MSTGN2018 Work in the TCF industry
MSTGN2023 Identify and handle fabrics and textiles
CUADES201 Follow a design process
MSTAT2001 Prepare and communicate design concepts for simple textile products
MSTAT2003 Modify patterns
MSTAT2004 Lay up, mark and cut uncomplicated fabrics and lays
CUAACD101 Use basic drawing techniques
MSTAT2002 Draw basic sketches of textile products
To gain this qualification, students must successfully complete a range of assessment tasks including various theoretical, practical, verbal and observable assessments. They must:
- Present lead up ideas and final fashion design of textiles and garments by the set date.
- Display a folio which reflects ideas, research and class work using
elements and principles of fashion design to develop final fashion products.
- Interviews with trainer/assessor – review / reflection of own work
This qualification is designed for individuals who wish to engage in designing and producing a fashion product to prepare for workforce entry or vocational training pathways.
It is suitable for individuals who require:
- An introductory overview of skills and processes applied in the fashion industry
- Skill in the design and production of garments and textiles
- Skill in the development of unique fashion and textile drawings and designs
Entry level skills in Fashion Design and production of garments and textiles
ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT AT TIME OF PRINTING BUT SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Date of publication May 2023