This course provides students with the opportunity to gain experience with various forms of media. It will provide students with a general knowledge of art skills, procedures and materials.
The practical aspect of this course aims to:
- Equip students with the ability to work creatively in practical art activities.
- Develop skills in art and craft which may be used by the students as a hobby or even, in the future, on a small business level.
- To develop discrimination and appreciation of good design in practical activities.
This course requires students to explore, experiment and develop/complete concept ideas. The presentation of a visual journal requires consideration of the Elements and Principles of Design, class notes, research and lead up ideas by the student. There are 4 core units and 8 elective units each requiring an understanding of workplace health and safety procedures:
BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
CUAACD311 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
CUAPPR311 Produce creative work
CUARES301 Apply knowledge of history and theory to own arts practice
CUAACD201 Develop drawing skills to communicate ideas
CUACER311 Produce ceramic works
CUAPHI312 Capture photographic images
CUAPAI311 Produce paintings
CUATEX311 Produce textile work
CUAPRI312 Produce prints
CUASCU311 Produce sculpture
CUAPPR312 Document the creative work progress
To gain this qualification, students must successfully complete:
- various theoretical, practical, verbal and observable assessments
- present lead up ideas and final art pieces by the set date
display a visual journal which reflects ideas, research and class work using the
elements and Principles of Design
- interview with trainer/assessor – review / reflection of own work
This qualification will provide students with a strong foundation knowledge with which they could pursue a career in the Art / Craft industry.
A materials cost is associated with this course to ensure consumable products can be provided to students. In 2020 this course cost is $65.00. Art excursions are available, at a cost, to further enrich and engage the students experiences in this course.
ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT AT TIME OF PRINTING BUT SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Date of publication June 2021